Your registration for Living Waters Camp has hopefully already been received, and we are thrilled! Here are a few suggestions which, if followed, will help us serve you better.
- Arrive between 3:00 and 5:00 pm on Sunday
- Special medical instructions must be reported to camp nurse at registration.
- If it is necessary to change your plans, please notify us immediately
- All bedding, towels and clothing must be plainly marked. Printed name tapes are inexpensive and usually save more then their cost
- A complete list of personal belongings should be pasted inside the suitcase or trunk.
Have all your baggage plainly tagged with your name and address.
- Lost and Found items are returned C.O.D upon claim by parents WITHIN 30 days following camp closing. Unclaimed articles are distributed to the needy at Camp Director’s discretion.
- ALL CABIN ASSIGNMENTS will be arranged before the campers arrive. We try our best to arrange for requested roommates but we cannot guarantee. Campers who wish to room together must be no more then 2 years apart in age.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
- TRANSPORTATION: Living Waters does not provide transportation to the Camp.
- CABIN FACILITIES: The campers sleep in dormitories which are equipped with bunk beds.
Bathroom facilities are located next to the dorms. The number of campers in each cabin may vary for week to week. These are about 6-8 campers to each counselor.
- LINENS & BLANKETS: Each camper must bring a sleeping bag. A warm blanket and bed linens are acceptable.
- FOOD: The food served is of the finest quality. It is prepared under strict supervision and a well-balanced diet is planned for each day.
- ADDITIONAL CHARGES: There is a Snack Shack and Bookstore at Living Waters. The amount of spending money brought is up to the parents. Two-week campers will need additional monies.
- CAMPER BANK: After registering, Camper should then take spending money to the Camper Bank. The Bank is open Monday through Saturday. Campers may withdraw money anytime the Bank is open. The Bank guards against loss of funds and money being taken from cabins, since they are not kept locked. Counselors will assist those Campers not accustomed to handling their own money.
- HORSEMANSHIP PROGRAM: This program includes instruction for beginners through advanced riding, by qualified instructors. There is a charge to cover lessons. (See Brochure). Please be sure to bring long pants and shoes/boots with heals to ride the horses. To be assured a spot in the horsemanship program we are requesting the $85 fee be paid in advance. The program is first come first serve.
- LAUNDRY FACILITES: There are no laundry facilities available to campers*. Please plan accordingly. * Campers staying 2 weeks will have the chance to do laundry.
- TELEPHONE CALLS:
- IMPORTANT: there is a $30 charge for campers in the dormitories that stay over a weekend. Both Basketball and Super Teen weeks end on Friday evening. All campers in dorms must be picked up by 8:00 p.m Parents are encouraged to come early enough to attend the closing programs of STW and the All-star games during Basketball Camps.
- LIVING WATERS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING: iPods, CD players, video games or similar electronic gadgets. Cell phones are permitted, but they MUST be kept in the office.
Meal times are the best time to reach your child. Please call (207) 448-2310. Lunch time is 12:30 p.m. and supper is 5:30 p.m. There are two pay phones available to campers. Please make sure your child knows how to call collect or use a calling card.
SUGGESTED CLOTHES AND MATERIALS FOR CAMPERS
Regular shirt or blouse
NO tight fitting clothes
NO short shorts
SHORTS ARE TO BE
NO short skirts
NO tank tops
or sheets, pillow & blankets
Toothbrush / paste
Girls: MODEST 1 Piece suit
NO 2 piece suits
Boys: NO bikini style suits
(General use & Trailrides)
Shoes with heals
(for horsemanship ONLY)
Bug spray / repellant
Notebook, paper, pen